Sunday, February 22, 2009

Wednesday morning I woke up not feeling well at all. I had a stomach that just wasn't setting right and the rest of my body was kind of achy. I went to the bathroom a million times and then when I got back to the bed, threw up. Luckily, I had my puke bowl ready to go, so we didn't miss there. I'm the type that will not let myself throw up. I hate the feeling of gagging and breaking out in a sweat. I know you don't want to hear about my throw up but I have to add that I haven't thrown up in 12 years. As the day went on,my temperature shot up to 102 and I felt like I could fry eggs on my stomach. I didn't eat for 2 days and lost 10 lbs....it's back though :( As of yesterday, I'm 100% better. I don't know if it was food poisoning, 24 hour flu, or the flu, but it passed very quickly, thank goodness.

Today, Brandon and I had to give talks at church. I had to speak about the Book of Mormon and he had to talk about the 12th Article of Faith. I lucked out and got the easy talk. This was his first talk and got the hardest topic. The 12th Article of Faith states: We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law. They wanted him to talk about that since he is a police officer and can bring in stories. But there is not very much information about the government through church approved material. He did an awesome job though! His talk was a definite hit. People just crowded him after Sacrament and said how good it was and even one lady went to go make a copy of it (hope she doesn't mind my handwriting all over it making grammar and spelling corrections...haha).

I leave Friday morning bright and early for California! I better start packing!

1 comment: