All I wanted for Valentines Day was for Brandon to take me to The Melting Pot in Southlake. He took me tonight and it was absolutely delicious! It's kind of a high end fondue restaurant that my sister and bro-in-law took me to out in California. It's totally worth the price for the food and the environment. We got the Fiesta Cheese fondue for our appetizer which came with chips, apples, assorted bread, and veggies. Then we got salads which were so freaking good I could have eaten 10 more. Then we got just the basic vegetable broth to cook our meat in. We got chicken, steak, fillet Mignon, shrimp, and salmon. We didn't touch the salmon though, yucky. It came with yummy veggies, like mushrooms, broccoli, potatoes, and squash. Then last but not least, dessert. We got the Yin Yang chocolate fondue which was dark chocolate and white chocolate that looked like a Yin Yang in the pot and we mixed it all up and dipped strawberries, bananas, cheesecake, marshmellows, rice crispes, and pound cake. I totally recommend this place. Our bill came to about $80 but it's definitely worth it like once a year.
Onto something that has been bothering me. I cancelled a sub job this morning because I didn't "feel well". Well, another teacher requested me for tomorrow. I was going to do it but when I came home from dinner to accept the job it wasn't there. Well I was mad because I needed and wanted to work tomorrow. Well I have a VM from the teacher asking if I was going to accept it b/c she heard I was sick and needed to know. It just has been bugging me a lot when teachers call my personal phone about subbing. The sub coordinator said teachers are not suppose to call you and request you. I've had so many teachers call me, and I never get the call b/c it's on my other phone that I NEVER use anymore and I check it like every 4 days or so, so I never hear the VMs. It just bugs that they bother me at home. If you want me to sub, request me and if I want to work I'll accept it, if I don't it will move onto someone else.
This has led me to wanting to find a new full time job. I'm so sick and tired of subbing. I don't even want to be a teacher anymore. I've learned one thing about this town. They are very very picky about who they choose as teachers. You have to know "someone" in order to get a job here in Weatherford. There are like 5 schools so that narrows it down too. The other towns that I applied for around here are the same way. They won't hire you if you don't live in their city and know that "someone". It's just so biased. All the schools in Weatherford are what you call Title One schools. That means 50% of the students are from low-income families and a certain number of students in the schools are on reduced lunches. Let me add this. If you have student loans, they have a program where, if you teach in a Title One school, you will get most of your student loans paid off...in other words, no teacher wants to teach in these schools because they are usually in the ghetto and they don't have good scores on standardize test. Who wants to teach in a school like that, especially if you don't have any loans...I don't want to teach there.
The type of job I'm looking for now is:
A college advisor
Testing center (at college)
Work with the city (which I don't think I can because my husband already does, dumb rule)
Oil company(answer phones and make $80,000 a year)
So I'm on the job hunt looking for a full time job. I feel that I've wasted my parents money by getting a degree in something I no longer want to do. So I need to find a job that requires you to have a bachelors degree at least. They say, 70% of first time teachers quit after their first year, and I haven't even taught. I guess I'm part of the statistics.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment