My morning began at 5:45AM. As I was getting ready, Brandon was walking in from work, story of our lives :( Anywho, the reason I was up at 5:45 on a Saturday was because we had our church garage sale. We were needing to raise money for my girls to go to girls camp this summer. We had members of our ward donate stuff and we got together last night and priced and loaded the stuff up. I had to go pick up a girl that lived way out in the boonies and then she wanted donuts so had to go get donuts, blah blah blah. We had our garage sale in the Kroger parking lot since it's on a main street and has lots of traffic. We had lots of stuff, nothing I would be interested in, but definitely stuff the community was interested in. We made over $600! Some of my girls were out waving to people on the street and they were pretty enough that they scored over $50 in just donations, with people stopping and giving them money. I am so proud of the girls who worked all day 7-3. They were a big help and deserve an awesome time at camp. I on the other hand came home burnt. I have "raccoon eyes" as Brandon puts it. Rain threatened us but it never came. People were telling us that "everyone" was talking about the huge garage sale we were having down at the Home Depot so all the people doing errands at Home Depot came and saw us.
I do not shop at garage sales, I find it gross and raunchy and don't want to use someone elses stuff, sorry. This garage sale brought out a side of Weatherford I have never seen. These people were fighting over "junk" literally. I know the economy is bad, but half this stuff wasn't even worth a dime. These people were such ghetto trash. I'm sorry, but they were. They were smoking around us, cussing, yelling, and dressed in rags. I felt sorry for them, but have never seen these people out in public. I didn't know Weatherford was this ghetto.
It was so funny, because less than a block away, a group of girls, couldn't have been older than 10, were out in their bikinis trying to do a car wash. They didn't have any success since it is suppose to rain for the next week straight. They gave up after an hour, I kind of felt bad for them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment