Sunday, April 5, 2009

Softball, Fish, and New Moon

Brandon had his softball tournament this weekend. It was a city wide tournament that included the Police Dept., Fire Dept., City Hall, and Utilities. I don't think they could have asked for a more perfect day. It was about 80, clear skies, and s slight breeze. They won 2 games and lost 2 but did make it to the championship...which, once again, they lost against the Fire Dept. Everyone knows that the Fire Dept. has nothing better to do anyways then sit around and practice. The next tournament...fishing, and they are serious. They know they can beat the Fire Dept. at that...haha. Brandon did awesome! He scored a lot for his team and definitely hit the ball the furthest ( I don't want to brag, but he did). Here's a picture of my softball hitting husband running the bases...

Then I left because it was getting too hot! Well, Brandon comes home after it's all said and done, and informs me that he was ejected from the game for throwing a bat. I was so mad, I'll just leave it at that.

After the game, we all went out to a co-workers house out on the lake and they cooked catfish, crawfish, and shrimp, and every other kind of food you could imagine. I basically ate french fries and shrimp. I'm not a fish person, and the crawfish were literally staring at me, so I couldn't get myself to eat one. After being the only ones without a Bud Light in our hands, people began to ask why we weren't drinking. Brandon, felt it necessary to mention, "Well the last time Jasie drank, she woke up and asked where her clothes were!" Everyone was laughing hysterically and I just wanted to die, he was kidding though. Once the game of quarters got started, we decided it was our time to go.

I started reading New Moon again since the movie is coming out in a few months. It's amazing all the small stuff you finally get and start to understand after you've read it four times.

Also, Bedtime Stories is awesome. If you like Adam Sandler, you'll love it.

1 comment:

Glenn and Cristina said...

Glenn is the same way saying awkward things like that, I have to keep telling him to censor himself haha! I'm reading New Moon again too!