The Texas Civil War Museum was pretty gay, just like I expected. I did learn that there were two Generals named Granbury and Cleburne, that our now cities right by us. They tried to emphasize on "Texas" being in the Civil War, but it was apparent they didn't have too much information. We watched a 30 minute video that was absolutely the worst history movie I have ever seen. All the teachers were on the back row, including myself, and I looked down the row, halfway through the movie and every single one of them was out cold. That's how bad it was. The artifacts were cool, but where they write about each piece, they literally typed it on the computer, cut it out, and taped it to the wall. At least use a cutting board.
Before the museum, they took the kids to our famous cemetery, who knew it was famous. I did learn a lot there though. All the people who are named after schools here, our buried there. There is a school here named after Mary Martin, whose from Weatherford, who played the original Peter Pan. Now, I didn't want to take pictures since I was on a field trip, but let me tell you, that was one of the CREEPIEST cemeteries I have ever seen. I'm not kidding you, it is literally something out of the movie Hocus Pocus or Practical Magic. Tombstones that are crooked, the ground is mishapped, tombs everywhere, lots of trees and very, very old. The oldest tombstone was 1803....that's like old! The ground was very soft so you would kind of sink into it. Brandon told me a story about the witches tomb (which is actually a sailor who wanted to be buried above ground) and how it rained really bad a few years back and how the casket got flooded out and the witch came out. We went and saw it and I just about left because that story had freaked me out. The kids even knew the story. If I ever go back, I'll take pictures because it is definitely something out of a movie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
HAhA i HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT TIME!!!
Post a Comment