Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Ultimatum

Brandon and I are giving our apartment manager an ultimatum tomorrow afternoon.
1. Send an exterminator by 5:30 PM Friday, March 13, 2009 or
2. Give us a new apartment with no transfer fee or
3. Tear up our lease that goes into effect April 1, 2009 as we chose to move to a new apartment/townhouse complex

Our place is infested with mice. They are in our walls, both dead and alive. They are in our pantry eating our food. They are everywhere! We have to check our shoes before we put them on and check our food before we eat it to see if a mouse got to it. It smells like Santa Clause died in our apartment because they put in some peppermint air freshener in the air vents that they "guaranteed" would make the smell of death leave. It still smells like death and the peppermint air freshener gave us both horrible headaches!

I know everyone has read this book


So what happens if you give a mouse a cookie? Well, they eat it. Even if you didn't intentionally give them one. I had baked Brandon some of his favorite cookies and left them out to cool off. Well, we go to get them and half the cookie is missing. I should have taken a picture but I was too mad. I know it was a mouse because there was mouse poop on the stove. Disgusting huh?

Any other suggestions? We've set traps and caught 4, but I'm guessing they have outsmarted us and come out in the wee hours of the morning now. The first time the exterminator came he did nothing and said, "yeah, you've killed the whole family." My mother suggested we call the Health Department and have them come out, but we can't really prove that mouse poop is unsanitary to our health. Help!

No comments: