Well I have taken it upon myself to have the first annual Summer Movie Awards 09. Now if you are asking yourself why would I do this we already have all kinds of movie awards. I know, but 1 out of every like 10 movies at the Oscars are good and don't get me started on the MTV Awards. They used to be great but now its all crappy music performances and 8 million 14 year old girls voting for Twilight to win every freaking award of the night and then let's have the Twilight cast present awards and show trailers for their new movie. I DON'T CARE. I have placed armed guards at the doors to keep all those vampires and shape shifting Indians out of the building. So as a public service to real movie fans everywhere here are the winners, in my opinion.
1. Breakthrough Female Performance: Sienna Miller as the Baroness - G.I. Joe The Rise of Cobra
2. Breakthrough Male Performance: Chris Pine as James T. Kirk - Star Trek
3. Best Supporting Female: Zoe Saldana as Uhura - Star Trek
4. Best Supporting Male: Zachary Quinto as Spock - Star Trek
5. Best Fight Christian Bale vs ??? as the T-800 - Terminator Salvation. I don't know who has seen it so I don't want to ruin the surprise as to who he fights.
6. Best Song from the Summer Movies: New Divide by Linkin Park - Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
7. Most Anticipated Movie for Summer 2010: Iron Man 2
Insert your favorite band doing an awesome live performance of your favorite song here.
8. Best Animated Movie: Up
9. Most Disappointing Movie of the Summer: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, this movie was the leading candidate for Movie of the Summer but then it sucked donkey balls and just pissed me off.
10. Funniest Movie: Bruno/The Hangover, I could not pick one over the other. Both are hilarious in their own ways.
11. Best Villain: Christopher Waltz as Colonel Hans Landa - Inglorious Basterds
12. Best Quote: You probably heard we ain't in the prisoner-takin' business; we in the killin' Nazi business. And cousin, Business is a-boomin'. Brad Pitt as Lt Aldo Raine - Inglorious Basterds. Pretty much anything Pitt said in this movie could have won this award.
13. Best Female Performance: Megan Fox as Mikaela Banes - Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.
14. Best Male Performance: Brad Pitt as Lt. Aldo Raine - Inglorious Basterds. I know my opinion does not matter to the Academy but I demand Pitt get the Oscar.
Now we have come to the last award. As you have previously seen I thought for sure Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen would win this easily but that is not the case so I had to start with a clean slate. When it comes down to it there are two films I was torn between. One of which really surprised me how good it was and how good the acting and special effects were. The other I knew would be good and it did not disappoint. I tried and tried to pick one over the other and here is what I came up with.
15. Best Movie: Star Trek/Inglorious Basterds.
I know ties are stupid but I just could not pick one over the other. I loved them both in their own ways and can't wait to buy them both on Blu-Ray and watch them over and over. I know what you may be thinking, Star Trek is only for Trekkies. I thought the same thing I have never been a Trek fan but this movie was awesome. It blew me away, great story, acting, comedy and action out the ying yang. Now as far as Inglorious Basterds I love Tarintino movies so I was already a little biased, but it was better then expected and Brad Pitt was just hands down the greatest. My wife even liked without any douchebag vampires in it, so that says something.
Well thanks for your time I am sure you may not agree with me and if so then go have your own movie awards. You don't gotta go home but you can't stay here. Goodnight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment