Monday, January 26, 2009

Life lately...and obama

I'm going to try and make an effort to blog, gasp, three times a week. We'll see how it turns out. I might run out of things to say.

First off, I've got both of my flights booked for California. My first trip is going to be the first week in March. My sister called me up and asked if I could come out for about a week to help her. She has a 21 month old and she's super pregnant (7 months) and her husband is out of town a lot for work and needs me there to help clean up the house at the end of the night and entertain Kylan while she gets ready for the next day. Since I have the most flexible job anyone could ever ask for it wasn't a problem and I'm super excited. She'll also be having her "baby shower" the week I'm out there so that should be fun.

Then Brandon and I booked our flights to California in the middle of April. We couldn't decide where to go for our yearly vacation. We were invited to go to Maine with my parents for a specific reason (I can't say just in case I blow the surprise) and we really wanted to go but it was in July and who knows with my job situation. If I get a job usually all the training is in the month of July. But we really wanted to go since Brandon has never been there. Well, one fine day, I was sitting on the couch watching....football...and an advertisement came on for Southwest Airlines saying to fly anywhere from $49-$99. So I hopped on thinking there were special circumstances, but what do you know...from Dallas/Love Field to LAX was $99. So we booked out tickets for the week after my sister is due. So we'll fly out there, rent a car and drive up to Ventura and get a hotel and do the California thing. I'm going to show Brandon all around and do everything I did as a kid. Beach, harbor, Santa Barbara, Venice Beach, eating, Universal walk, maybe be a total tourist and go on the tour of the "Stars Homes" and the most exciting thing....DISNEYLAND!!!! We are so super excited. I had my sister check dates and Spring Break for California is the week before so we're hoping it won't be crowded. We booked a nice hotel a mile from Disneyland and we're going to stay a few nights down in Anaheim so we'll be able to do Downtown Disney that night. Brandon is super excited and I'm excited for him because that man never gets excited about anything.

Oh, and lastly, I hate Obama. Reversing just about every policy Bush had put in place within a week of being in office...abortion, stem cell research...oh and he doesn't want to depend on foreign oil....Mr. Obama, before you go and do that go build some freaking refineries first. Oil is not just gunna come out of the ground and refine itself, you idiot. There's like three oil refineries in the U.S.A., and they're doing it as fast as they can. I don't really want to drive a little electric car, I live in Texas, we drive big SUVs, so frankly, I don't care if these other countries hate us, but we do need their oil. That's why my dad accepted a new job that is international so that we can take more of their oil. BUILD A REFINERY FIRST!!!!

1 comment:

Glenn and Cristina said...

I just love your blog, love love love it!