Today while subbing, I got sucked into watching the inauguration, not once, but TWICE!!! Yeah, Yeah it is a historic event that you only get to see every 4-8 years and it is a good opportunity for the kiddos to watch it, but did I really need to see it twice?? Even the kiddos were restless after about 3 minutes.
The first time we listened to it on the radio since everyone and their dog was trying to view it on the web and it wouldn't work. Well, halfway through his speech, the teachers realized Rush Limbaugh was making smart ass comments about Obama in the back ground....it was hilarious. They ended up turning it off because the students were picking up on it.
Then we actually watched it on the web later in the day. There were lots of people there. I had to explain to the students that when he was referring to a mall, he was talking about the D.C. district where all the important buildings were and that it wasn't an actual mall. It was cute, they're only 5th graders. But the funniest part was when he kind of messed up his swearing in. He interrupted the poor dude doing it, and then couldn't get the lines out straight and there was that 7 seconds of silence. I just don't like that man. No offense but he better do something incredible for me to be on his good side.
Oh, and I find it funny that all my friends went to go see George W. Bush in Midland today. I was super sad that I couldn't go. I love that man and I'm going to miss him!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You crack me up!! I wish you could have been here for the Bush Party it was awesome. I will put it all on my blog soon and you can read about it.
Post a Comment