By any other name would smell as sweet." Romeo and Juliet
Answer: In my case, it's obviously not the spelling.
I love my name. I wouldn't change it for anything. I'm so thankful for my parents for giving me such an unique name. Unfortunately, for 23 years I have been trying to defend my name by correcting the pronunciation and spelling. As a kid, and still to this day, it's pronounced J.C., which those of you who know me well enough know that I HATE when people make it sound like initials. My middle school basketball coach pronounced my name Jay-Z. Others have pronounced it like Cassie with a 'J'.
As a kid I was so sad not to be able to find key chains, magnets, and pencils with my name on it. It was very depressing.
As I have grown up and have gone into different career fields, it seems that they can't get it right on paper either. I know when I fill out paper work, I spell my name correctly. My mom taught me well enough how to spell my own name, so I don't understand how this still seems to happen...

It's written in black ink. Do employers just assume it's spelled like they want it to be spelled if they were to name their child "J.C.,Jaycee,Jacie,Jacee,Jayse" (I could go on)Macy's did correct it and gave me a new name tag. But still...here's another one, with my last name spelled wrong too...

As my friend Cristina said, "FAIL!"
No comments:
Post a Comment