As you know, me and Brandon have moved into our new apartment. My parents and brother came up this weekend to help us move and get settled in. They were a great help, hopefully the last time they ever have to move anyone. So, we thought, our apartment was nice and cozy and would make the perfect home temporarily, we thought wrong. We wake up Sunday morning to find Brandon's truck missing. Was it stolen? Was it towed? It was towed. So after many phone calls, and to make a long story short, our apartment complex issued us and another girl (who will remain nameless) the same parking spot number so she had us towed. After our money was refunded, we finally got it all situated. Now, the nameless girl, we'll call her Gretchen, has a grudge against me. She gives me the stare of death anytime she sees me and has even shown me some vulgar profanities. But what she doesn't know is that her left tail light is out and Brandon pulls people over for that, not to mention he is the courtesy officer here too....oh, her time is coming soon.
Then we had another event today. Our washer wasn't hooking up properly and spraying water out of the hot water. 3 hoses later, we called maintenance. They fixed it and said I was good to go on laundry. Being the good wife that I am, I did some laundry. As the laundry was finishing up, I walked to pull it out and found this instead....

Our washer had flooded all over!!!! I turned off the water and called maintenance. Turns out, when the guy had fixed it and pulled out the washer, he took out the drain pipe with it and it fell to the floor., so when the washer was draining, instead and draining into the drain, it drained onto our floor. He was nice enough to bring a vacuum that sucks up water and cleaned it up. It's still a little damp but I glad I can finally do laundry!
Brandon also had a charity basketball tournament this weekend that he set up all by himself. It was the police department vs. fire department. All the money was donated to the Pythian Home. He raised about $300. Sadly, the PD lost, 37-43 in overtime. Check out the articles from the newspapers on it here. http://www.weatherforddemocrat.com/archivesearch/local_story_197101843.html
No comments:
Post a Comment