
The above picture is what it looked like as I was driving to work Christmas Eve at around 10AM. According to Fox 4 meterologist, the snow was not going to stick since it had been 75 the day before and the roads were too warm for ice. Boy, weren't they so ever wrong. I got off work at 6:30 and proceeded home, which is a 25 minute drive. I got home at 10:45. THE scariest 4 hours in my life. I thought I was going to be sleeping in my car Christmas Eve. I-20 was horrible! Every single 18-wheeler was stuck on the road because of the ice. People were in ditches, turned completly around on the roads, cars fish tailing, wheels spinning but not going anywhere. Those of us who were actually moving were all over the road trying to go around people. At one point I was turned around facing traffic. There were people who got out of their car and their kids were making snow angels in the median. I even witnessed a mom helping her son go to the bathroom behind a bush. Finally, I discovered the best part of the road to drive on was the left shoulder, since it had more friction. I also followed a dirt truck that was spreading sand for a few miles. I cried the entire time, I was so scared. I didn't think I'd make it home to Brandon. Brandon finally decided to try and come get me and made it a mile before he had to turn around. It was definitley nothing I NEVER want to experience again. I never want to move where it snows all the time. Last night, I have never been so thankful to be home in my entire life. I also don't think I've ever prayed that hard before.
No comments:
Post a Comment