
Today I was just thinking back to my college days. I make it sound like it has been ages, in reality, it has only been almost two years. I was just thinking about the four years I spent up there and all the good times and great friends I met. I kind of do miss it. Those nights staying up until the wee hours in the morning, cramming for a test I knew I should have started studying for weeks ago. Eating at the SUB but rushing to get there before the masses of students came. The ID card that had all the money in the world on it provided by mommy and daddy making it possible for me to eat. Living in the dorms, locking myself out of my room in just a bath towel. The band practicing at 8:00 AM when all I want to do was sleep.

Waking up to this and being the responsible adult that I am, and making my own decision not to go to class and it would be better if i just go back to bed or do this instead since it's so much more fun than class...
Or the times when I made the 25 minute trek across campus only to find that class has been canceled for no particular reason. That makes you happy and pissed off all at the same time.

I enjoyed spending 2/3 of my college career in the College of Education building. I know where every bathroom and coke machine is located in that building. I had some of the best professors ever in that building who have made a significant impact on my life. Some classes, more important than others. Some classes, I'm still wondering why I even had to take them because it was a waste of my time and the professors, but didn't we all have at least one class like that?
How about those times when you would see "those girls" wearing workout shorts with Uggs, and just laugh and shake your head. Or those times when the bicyclist run you off the sidewalk, or watching your roommate get pulled over by the Texas Tech bike police for riding your bike on the sidewalk...hahaha still love ya Syd! Going to basketball games hoping you get a glimpse of Bobby Knight throwing a chair onto the court. Or watching Mike Leach call a crazy play, that somehow seems to work. And telling your friends that Marsha Sharp was your Aunt, and they believed you for half a second. I remember everyone dreaded when Spring would come because that meant lots and lots of wind and dirt. Every Thursday, you could expect to smell cow. Everyone in Lubbock knows that cow smell I'm talking about.
Oh Texas Tech/Lubbock how I miss you...kind of, sort of, not really. Good times.
No comments:
Post a Comment