Monday, November 30, 2009

My New Moon blog



This will be my all my thoughts on the movie New Moon, so if you haven't seen it, then don't read, lots of spoilers.

- Loved the movie
- Loved how it wasn't indie looking, like Twilight, and the colors were so much warmer.
- Great camera angles, especially when Jake and Paul fight as wolves and roll into the woods, it looked like the camera fell down and hit the ground, so cool
- Loved how the showed the passing months of her depression (except the creepy cameraman you could see in her mirror, twice)
- I thought all the songs were very well placed.
- Hated Rosalie's and Jasper's hair, awful looking, and Rosalie is suppose to be gorgeous and she was/is fugly
- Loved when Bella and Edward were looking at the painting of the Volturi and it came to life
- I thought they did a good job of showing Bella's depression, in the book it was so much more dragged out and sadder, the movie did it well.
- Loved all the one liners, mostly from the humans ("That homeboy could have been a psycho", "What a marshmallow", "I guess the wolfs out of the bag now")
- Jessica did a very good job of playing Jessica
- The Volvo was black, it has to be silver, super important. But it was much better than the hatchback in Twilight
- I really did feel sorry for Jake, they depicted that well
- It wasn't that the movie went fast, just that when I started to get into one scene, it would switch scenes
- Loved the "visions" of Edward...better than the voices in her head, yet it worked for the book
- The opening scene with Bella as a grandmother, so cool
- The cliff diving scene was done well
- Bella didn't wear that stupid headband the whole movie
- The sparkle effect was much better
- I think the wolf pack, besides Jake, should have been bigger and buffer
- Everyone laughed at the scene when Bella and Edward are running through the woods when Aro sees Alice's future of Bella becoming a vampire. I thought it was awesome and super sweet and so cute
- The subtle advertising of Burger King (at the movies, Jake's eating a burger, with a BK bag in the background)
- The fight with the Volturi was very cool, even though it wasn't in the book, it worked. Edwards face cracking was cool too
- The last 30 seconds of the movie....AWESOME. It was so sweet, and made me want more
- The best part of the whole movie, my husband has been twice with me

1 comment:

Brittany and Colby said...

I totally agree with everything you said. I absolutely loved the movie!! I can't wait for the next one, which apparently they have already filmed.