This is going to be my one and only post about the election. I just want to get it out there once and for all.
During this past election I felt that neither candidate was right for the job. I love Bush but have watched him make mistakes. I felt that McCain would follow in his footsteps. In no way does that mean I voted for Obama...no sir. McCain, like most conservatives, had the same standards and morals as I do. The most important policies to me are abortion and same sex marriage. I am against abortion,unless the mother is in harm or danger of her health. Once a child is created, it should not be destroyed. I find it totally unfair that that child did not get to choose their future. On to same sex marriage. As I was brought up in my church, man and women were created to have children..."Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth..."(Genesis 1:28)...therefore, if you are married to the same sex, that would be biologically impossible. Now you say, well there are plenty of children who need to be adopted and same sex couples could do that. True, BUT, there are many people who can't have children and would do ANYTHING to have them, those are the people who need to be adopting.
I was so VERY thankful that Prop. 8 in California passed, as well as in Arizona and Florida. This is not to say were in the safe because this fight will be going on until the end of time.
Many people have called me racists for not voting for Obama. Sure, I'll admit, I've received and sent a few inappropriate texts about him but I am in no way racists...I just don't like Obama...at all and not because he's half black. To be honest I don't feel that he can claim to fame that he's the first African American President considering he's half white, half black. If you want black, try Martin Luther King. Obama's morals and standards are the exact opposite as mine. He scares me to death to be quite honest. He refuses to wear the American pin on his suit, him and his wife have attended flag burning ceremonies, he wants to change the National Anthem because he believes that it promotes war, he can't submit a birth certificate, (if that's the case, I think Arnold the governator should run) and his wife just admitted this year that she finally felt American. Like, REALLY?? That does not sound patriotic to me. Millions and millions of people have died for us to be where we are now. People have killed us, because they are so jealous of us and our government. We have the right to speak our opinion and in most countries you'd be shot if you spoke it.
I just hope Obama doesn't screw us over in these next four years. I've said this to a few people and feel that I need to say it now...I'm scared to death that I'm going to witness something horrible happen to him. I don't know what or when, but I just have that feeling. I'm sure I'll cry if something happens to him, but I feel that we are not ready for a man like him running this country. Maybe he can help us for all I know, but if he doesn't he needs to be prepared for 2012.
I just feel that the morals of this country are declining fast. This country was built "under God" and He is being left out of America. If we don't put Him back in, we deserve to be doomed...but I know some of us are prepared for the worst. I'm so thankful and lucky for the amazing Church that I was raised in. I'm thankful and proud for my parents who raised me to be the kind of person I am today.
If I've learned anything, there's only one person whose in charge of this country. I'm just glad to say I'm on his side.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I couldn't have said it better myself
Right on Jasie! I loved this blog, I have a lot of the same feelings.
Post a Comment