Thursday, September 4, 2008

Life!

I know I know, I haven't blogged in a long time. But truthfully, nothing exciting has happened. But here's what's new. Brandon got an e-mail at work about 2 open positions for a detective. He didn't get his hopes up, because in the criminal justice business, he would normally have to be with the PD for about 5 years before he could even think about becoming a detective. To his surprise, there were no requirements, just so long you worked for the WPD. So he put in for the job, and will hear by the end of the month. We're crossing our fingers, so that he can work a more normal shift, and he gets to wear slacks and a button up shirt to work, no uniform, though I could object to that :) I find the uniform quite attractive on him.

On my end, I have finally seen the sun rise this morning. As you all know, I have been on Brandon's schedule and don't crawl into bed until about 4 AM and don't wake up until 2 PM. The last time I saw the sun rise was in mid April, when I was student teaching. Well, I'm not teaching, but I did have my first sub job today. It went really well. It was a 5th grade science class, and the kiddos were wonderful as well as the teachers. They were all super nice. How many swimming "Pool" remarks you ask? Just two today.
"Mrs. Pool, do you have a pool?"
"Is it Mrs. Pool like a swimming pool, like the kind you swim in?" Arm motions included.

It was an easy day. I must also add, my "teacher look"....I still got it. Those kids sit straight up and shut their mouths when I give that look, it's amazing and I'm glad I've mastered it! As of right now I'm staying pretty busy subbing. All the teachers have told me, once you have subbed at their school and the principal notices you, you're almost guaranteed a job. So let's cross our fingers again for next school year!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

LoL!! I want to see your teacher face. Good luck to Brandon I hope he gets the job!!